Merchandize Liquidators will not provide shipping for any and all Inventory Product purchases. All Inventory Products are FOB (ExWorks for international clients) Merchandize Liquidators Warehouse (701 E 10th Ave, Hialeah, Florida, 33010) unless otherwise specified (i.e., you are responsible to pick up your Inventory Purchase from our warehouse unless otherwise specified by a Merchandize Liquidators representative). If you fail to pick up the Inventory Products within five (5) business days of the Inventory Products being marked ready for pick up, Merchandize Liquidators may choose to keep such Inventory Products, list such Inventory Products for sale and refund to you the Purchase Price you paid to Merchandize Liquidators less (i) a storage charge of two percent (2%) of the Inventory Products not picked per each day ML held the Inventory Products for you after you registered a Completed Purchase and (ii) a restocking fee of fifteen percent (30%) of the Purchase Price. That being said, Merchandize Liquidators has developed and fostered relationships with a wide network of carriers to bring you the most competitive shipping rates available. Just ask for a list of our preferred shippers to get their contact information.
Shipping wholesale liquidation merchandise is often not as straightforward as shipping regular goods. At Merchandize Liquidators we use a variety of materials to package and ship our merchandise, the most common being cases, bins, gaylords or shrink-wrapped pallets. Our clients typically ship their goods by Courier (UPS/Fedex), LTL (Less than Load) Carriers, Full Trailers or Containers.
The cost of shipping by Courier or LTL is typically determined by the distance between origin & destination of the goods, the type of destination, the type of merchandise and the weight or quantity of the merchandise being shipped. The cost of shipping by Full Truckload or Ocean Container is typically determined by the distance between the origin and the destination of the goods.
Domestic US shipments typically take 1 to 7 business days to reach their destination. Overseas air shipments can take 5-15 business days to reach their destination. Container shipments can take up anywhere from 15 to 60 days to reach their destination. The following sections will illustrate how shipping works in the wholesale industry, what options are available to you and what you can do to minimize your overall shipping costs.
How to Pick Up Merchandise
GENERAL PICK UP INFORMATION
• Customers can arrange for pick up (either themselves or a contracted shipping company) anytime between 8:00am to 3:00pm, Monday through Friday.
• Goods need to be picked up within 5 business days of being ordered. Daily storage fees (2% of the invoice) apply when goods are not picked up within the pick-up window.
• When picking up goods in person – please make sure what you request to be delivered to you for pick-up can fit entirely in your vehicle. Return of partial pallets which have already been opened is not possible.
• Please ensure you bring enough tie downs and/or straps with you to secure your shipment when appropriate.
• Please discard any unwanted goods or materials in the trash containers which are provided – please DO NOT leave discarded goods or trash in the parking lot.
• If you are leaving the wooden pallets behind – please return it to the designated area or ask a team member for assistance.
• Assistance to help you load the goods is limited. Should you sign a potential damage disclaimer, Team Members will assist you to load Whole Pallets by way of fork-lift in to your pick-up or van but team members cannot assist you to hand load any goods.
• Please note heavy machinery operates in our parking/loading yard. Always exercise extreme caution. Keep pets and children close to you or inside your vehicle
• Ocean freight charges can run from $300-$700 per pallet, depending on the destination and are typically uneconomical to do so in our industry for low value pallets
• Container Loads are typically the most cost-effective way to ship larger amounts of merchandise overseas.
• Ocean freight can cost between $2,500-$6,500 for a full container, depending on the size (20′, 40′, 45′) and the destination.
• Many countries may have restrictions on what types of goods can be imported and some goods may be completely restricted from importation.
• Many countries also have brand protection and agency rights in place that prohibit the importation of certain brands into the country, other than from the authorized importer.
It is the buyer’s responsibility to be informed of particular restrictions in the country to which products are being shipped. Merchandize Liquidators cannot be held responsible for merchandise seized or refused at customs as a result of regulations or laws pertaining to that country. Please make sure you familiarize yourself with those costs & are able to successfully customs clear your goods given the information provided prior to placing orders. Please contact your local customs office prior to ordering to make sure the products purchased can be imported without restriction.
U.S. Customs & Border Protection (CBP) has very broad authority to inspect Export Cargo & can select any shipment to examine. The cost of such inspections, if and when so ordered by CPB are the responsibility of the consignee. Customs clearance, duties and other related import fees and taxes are the responsibility of the consignee. When appropriate please make sure to check the Seal # matches the paperwork and is not tampered with.
Please note: We export dozens of orders on a weekly basis. In the very large majority of cases (over 98%), orders are shipped and clear customs with no problems. Due to the nature of our business, in most cases we are unable to provide detailed manifests and country of origins of the items we offer. In the majority of cases that does not cause any problems at customs, however we need to inform our customers that in very rare occasions clearing customs with such goods can be problematic & that Merchandize Liquidators does not and cannot control that aspect of the sale.